Rakta is the second tissue, according to Ayurveda. It corresponds to the blood - especially the red blood cells - and the bile. The blood carries nutrients and oxygen to all parts of the body, and a rich blood flow is among the most important things that exist for good health. Rakta is affected by our lifestyle, food, and, to a large extent, our emotions. To keep rakta and thus the blood healthy, you can think of the following:
• Do not eat too much strong, acidic or salty foods.
• Do not skip meals.
• Eat sweet, juicy fruits such as pears, apples, grapes and melons.
- Juicy vegetables such as squash and cucumber are also good.
• Use turmeric in cooking.
• Avoid alcohol, tobacco, drugs and synthetic additives in food.
- Drink plenty of water, make sure it is clean and fresh and not cold.
• Roses are good for our emotions, enjoy their beauty and feel free to eat (organic) rose petal pasta.
• Go to bed early.
• Do not expose yourself to negative emotional impressions in the form of violent films or other media.
• Meditate and do yoga regularly.
• Avoid conflicts and negative people, be forgiving and compassionate and enjoy loving fellowship with those you love.